For more info please see Danube Delta Extension Info Tab
Day 1: Tulcea - Accommodation in the area
Departure from Bucharest at 08:00. Arrival in Tulcea around 12:00. Lunch at Hotel Delta in Tulcea. You will be escorted by a guide who speaks both French and English to the Danube Delta Museum. Visit of the museum. Departure to Crisan/Sulina by boat. You will be checked in at a 3*/4* accommodation in the area. In the evening we will prepare for you a traditional fish meal. After the meal we will discuss what we have planned for you next.
Day 2: Crisan/Sulina - Accommodation in the area
After breakfast (8:30), we will depart for the south lakes of Sulina to enjoy the Danube Delta. The journey will be 3 hours and you will return to Sulina for lunch. In the afternoon we will visit the town, museum, the old churches and the cemetery famous for being the burial place for people of all religions and see the picturesque Sulina beach and seaside where the water is not salty. You will have a few hours at leisure. When we get back (after sunset), we will have a traditional dinner, based on fresh fish. The route is decided each day by the guide, depending on water levels of the Danube and the weather.
Day 3: Letea- Crisan/Sulina- Accommodation in the area
After breakfast (8:30), we will depart again on water (9:30). We will visit Letea Forest and Letea Village. We will travel to Letea Village by boat. The route will be going through the Golf of Musura to see K Island, the newest land in Romania and a paradise for birds. We will arrive at a point when we will travel to Letea Forest by car. We will see local attractions, walk in the fine sand then head back to the boat and to Crisan/Sulina. We will have lunch in a very beautiful local farm in Cardon where our hosts will cook us a great meal and visit the farm. In the evening we will have a farewell dinner. In the village of Letea, a beautiful village with many traditional houses made of wood, clay and thatched roofs, painted in traditional colours green, blue and white; we will leave the boat and take a safari car for the trip to Letea Forest, the northernmost subtropical forest in Europe. We see only an oak forest on salty sand, lianas, a subtropical flora that cannot be found elsewhere in Romania and the famous wild horses.
Letea Village is the best preserved village in terms of local architecture; here we meet (again) many houses with a traditional look, Lipovans or Hahols old houses, with thatched roofs, with clay walls, beautiful and cheerful.
Upon returning from the forest we walk a few steps through the village to see / photograph the traditional houses which still stand in this corner forgotten by the world, talk to people and eat fruit from local trees. This trip includes: The boat, sized according to the number of people in the group, safari car, guide, fuel for the boat and the car.
Day 4: Tulcea
Early or packed breakfast. Departure at 6:30- 07:00 to Tulcea, following the same route we took on day 1. This equals 4 trips in 4 days. We will reach Tulcea around 08 o’clock, where we will end our trip and say our goodbyes. Transfer to Bucharest for your return flight. An afternoon flight is mandatory.
Delta Danube trips: Our travelling speed is slow; we are experts in low/medium speed trips, destined for sightseeing of the Danube Delta, we will take pictures of fauna and flora and gaze at the beautiful sights. We will, in no way, transform your trip into a boat race.
- 3 x nights’ accommodation in a 3* unit in the area sharing a DBL room;
- full board (starting with lunch on the first day and ending with breakfast on the last day;
- trip to Sulina and Letea (days 2 and 3 including the guide, the boat and the fuel);
- drinks (1 glass of local wine/beer for dinner and 1 coffee/tea for lunches);
- transfers by boat from Tulcea to Crisan and back;
- transfers from Bucharest to Tulcea and back;
- the tax for visiting the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve (ARBDD).
Not included services
- other personal expenses and drinks.
- the travel through the Danube Delta will be done by boat used for tourism purposes and is constructed having in mind the highest standards. When you step on the boat you will be given a life vest.
- Necessary personal equipment: trousers, long sleeve shirts and blouses, sun hat not cap, jacket, sun glasses, preferably trekking shoes not flip flops or sandals, mosquito repellents, suntan lotions, rain coat and small luggage. (Please take this advice seriously and please note that this equipment should be adapted according to each season.