Day 1: BUCHAREST - POIANA BRASOV (170 km)
Arrival at Bucharest airport in the afternoon. Transfer by car, van, minibus or coach to Poiana Brasov (mountain resort 13 km from Brasov, altitude 1,030 m). Welcome dinner in a typical restaurant in the resort (the Dacians’ Shed or similar). Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Poiana Brasov.
Day 2: POIANA BRASOV - BRAN - BRASOV - SIGHISOARA (175 km)
Morning drive to Bran to visit “Dracula’s” Castle (1377). Continue to Brasov (formerly Kronstadt, founded by the Saxon colonists), a lovely city founded in the 12th century by Saxon colonists, which still preserves its medieval look in the old districts. Panoramic city tour and guided walking tour through the old town centre, including a visit to the Black Church. In the afternoon drive to Sighisoara - birthplace of Vlad the Impaler (“Dracula”). Dinner and accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Sighisoara.
Day 3: SIGHISOARA - SINAIA (170 km)
Morning visit the medieval citadel (the “Upper Town”) of Sighisoara (formerly Schaessburg): the massive Clock Tower, the Evangelical Church, the roofed stairway, the Church on the Hill etc. In the afternoon drive via Brasov and across the Carpathian mountains to Sinaia. On the way to Sinaia, enjoy a special sparkling wine tasting at Azuga wine cellar and learn about the manufacturing process of sparkling wine using champagnoise method.
Dinner and accommodation in a 4-star hotel in Sinaia.
Day 4: SINAIA - BUCHAREST Airport (104 km)
Morning visit the Sinaia Monastery (1695) and the fabulous Peles Castle – former summer residence of the Royal family. Early afternoon drive across the mountains to Bucharest airport. End of our services.
Suggested travel days: from Thursday to Sunday.
- Museums are closed on Mondays. The Peles Castle is also closed on Tuesdays.
- The Black Church is restricted to visitors on Sundays.
This tour can be extended by additional days in Bucharest or in Transylvania.
Package prices available on request. The package includes:
- Accommodation 3 nights as per the program;
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) as specified in the program;
- Air-conditioned car (for 2 pax), van, minibus or coach for all the above itinerary and program;
- English-speaking guide throughout (for parties of 2-6 pax the guide will also drive);
- All entrance fees to museums and sites included in the program;
- One free in single room for a group of minimum 20 paying guests.
Info & contact:
Tel: +4021.313.63.22 / Fax: +4021.313.63.80